DIY SORE THROAT & COLD REMEDY
Lemon, Ginger and Cayenne Tea
In a large mug combine:
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey (raw honey is best)
- The juice of half of a fresh lemon
- 1- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated or minced ginger (easiest way to peel ginger is with the edge of a spoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Add boiling water, stir and let it sit for a few minutes. For stronger flavor add more of any of the ingredients.
If you’re ready to kick it up a notch, here’s another version I call ‘Fuego’.
- Combine everything in a small saucepan.
- Juice of one fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2- 3 garlic cloves, skin removed, cut into chunks
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain through a funnel into a mug.