- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1/2 cup water from the chickpea can or more to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large lemon (juice only)
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and parsley, to serve (optional)
- Place all ingredients (except optional garnishes) in a food processor for 30-60 seconds.
- Keeps well if covered in the fridge for two days. Cover with a little oil.
- Adjust amount of liquid in the recipe according to your taste. More liquid yields a smoother hummus, less a chunkier one.