Quinoa and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds (optional)
- Combine the quinoa, water and pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, once water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
- Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa. Set aside to completely cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooled quinoa, pomegranate seeds, parsley, almonds and dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- adapted from foodandwine.com