- 1 ¾ cups Oat Flour (Roughly 2 ¼ Cups Rolled Oats)
- 4oz (½ Cup) Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 5oz (just over ½ cup) Greek Yogurt, Plain or Vanilla
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas (the browner the better)
- Optional Add Ins:
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Top with shredded coconut before baking
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a food processor blend oats until a fine flour texture is formed.
- Melt coconut oii and mix together with coconut sugar in a large bowl. Then add eggs and vanilla. Mix in oat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a seperate bowl mash bananas. Fold the bananas and greek yogurt into the flour mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before inverting out of the pan onto a plate. Enjoy!
*recipe adapted from Confesssions of a Baking Queen
1 cup sweet potato (cooked and mashed)
½ cup any nut butter
¼ cup maple syrup or agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup oat flour (you can grind raw oats in a blender)
½ cup chocolate chips (vegan if desired)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper
In one bowl, combine sweet potato, nut butter, syrup and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine oat flour and cocoa powder.
Combine all ingredients and mix in chocolate chips.
Transfer to baking pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Top with coconut based whipped topping and enjoy!
Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 35
Number of Servings: 6
- 5 slices whole-wheat or white bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread the bread in the dish in an even layer. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the evaporated skim milk, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until the sugar and cocoa dissolve. Pour the cocoa mixture over the bread. With a fork, mix in any unsoaked bread pieces. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and let stand for 10 minutes. Bake for 35 minutes, or until puffed and set in the center. Serve warm, with a scoop of the frozen yogurt on top.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
- Calories: 426
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Carbs: 92.7 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 15.0 g
Recipe from sparkpeople.com
Ingredients (makes about 4 cups)
- ½ cup (or less) non-dairy milk alternative (coconut, soy, rice, almond, etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 frozen bananas
- 12 ounces frozen strawberries
Directions (these are for a Vitamix, modify for a regular blender…you will need a strong blender!)
Add ingredients to blender in the order listed, keeping the cap of the lid off. Set to frozen dessert setting, turn on, and use the tamper to push the frozen fruit down towards the blades.
If you don’t have a frozen dessert setting, pulse several times to break up the bananas and strawberries, then turn on and run for a few minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender.