Golden Milk tea is a great way to get the benefits of turmeric daily and its delicious!
- 2 cups of milk of choice (almond, coconut, etc)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Pinch of fresh ginger root or 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup (add more if desired)
- Add the milk to a small pot on the stove and heat on low.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring frequently for a few minutes. Heat mixture but do not bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a strainer.
- Froth the top of the milk if desired.
If spilled this mixture may stain countertops. Should this happen, try making a thick paste of baking soda and water and scrub the stain.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DRINK APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND HONEY ON AN EMPTY STOMACH IN THE MORNING?
This drink is strongly recommended for people who experience various kinds of inflammation, problems with digestion, and pain in the muscles, joints or throat.
Here is a list of several benefits you will gain from this mixture:
- Eliminates pain in the joints
- Eliminates acid and heartburn
- Helps with digestion and constipation
- Reduces cholesterol in the blood thus decreases blood pressure
- Helps with weight loss
- Great for a sore throat
- Energy booster
- Gives a healthy glow to the skin
- Eliminates bad breath
- Helps with inflammation
Why should I use exactly this combination?
We lead stressful and fast-paced lifestyles consuming large amounts of unhealthy food and drinks. This leads to changes of the pH value in our body. A low pH makes the body acidic which leads to many diseases, infections, inflammation and lack of energy. Consuming this drink in the morning, before any of your daily activities, will give you an excellent energy boost and later, when the apple cider vinegar becomes digested, it will make your body more alkaline.
The quality of ingredients for this drink:
Before anything else you must make sure that the products you use are 100% natural i.e. organic and unprocessed. If you use ordinary vinegar and honey, which is processed and sold in any supermarket, you won’t get the desired results.
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (you can use 1 tablespoon if the taste doesn’t bother you)
- 1 cup of hot water
When you should drink it?
Ideally you should drink it daily, in the morning, 20 minutes before breakfast so it has time to be digested. You may also consume it during the day depending on your needs and preferences.
FUN ADDITIONS TO DRINKING WATER:
• Cucumber slices
• Mint leaves
• Basil leaves
• Grated fresh ginger
• Stevia – Natural sweetener. Liquid form is best for cold water.
• Chia seeds – Good source of omega 3’s. Contain fiber, which help you stay full. No taste. Leave in your water for 5 minutes before drinking.
COMBINATIONS ALONE OR WITH A FEW DROPS OF STEVIA (for added sweetness):
• Lemon + cucumber
• Lemon + cucumber + basil
• Lime + cucumber + basil
• Cucumber + mint
• Blueberry + mint
• Strawberry + mint
• Strawberry + lime
• Strawberry + lime + mint
• Lemon + stevia + water = lemonade
• Lime + stevia + water = limeade
• Mint + lime + stevia + water = mojito
• Lemon + stevia + chia = chia lemonade
• Lime + stevia + chia = chia limeade