- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp natural, unsalted peanut or almond butter
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 dates, chopped
- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
In a medium saucepan on medium-high, add quinoa and almond milk. Bring to a boil and swirl in peanut or almond butter. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 13 – 15 minutes, until quinoa is tender and almost all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and keep covered.
In a separate saucepan, while quinoa is cooking, cook strawberries and maple syrup on medium heat for 3 minutes. Mash berries with a fork and add chia seeds. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally until thickened. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Stir quinoa with a fork and divide between bowls. Swirl in strawberry mixture and top with dates and almonds. Top with a splash of almond milk.
*adapted from cleaneating.com
Yields: 2 servings (may be prepared vegan and gluten-free)
Golden milk (This version is a bit spicier than the Turmeric Latte recipe posted alone. May also use that recipe in place of this one.)
- 1 tablespoon honey, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups plant based milk
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 & 1/3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 & 1⁄2 cups golden milk (above)
- Fresh fruit and honey, for serving
In a medium bowl, combine the honey, turmeric, ginger, cardamom and cinnamon. Stir to combine, then stir in the boiling water to dissolve the honey. Stir in the milk. Taste, adding more honey if desired.
Combine oats, chia, and hemp seeds in a glass jar, stir to combine. Pour the golden milk into the jar and stir to combine. Chill overnight or up to 3 days. To serve, top with fresh fruit and honey, if desired.