- 1 cup raw almonds
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Dates, raw honey, pure maple syrup, agave, stevia (to taste, optional)
- Soak 1 cup raw almonds overnight. Throw out the water the next day.
- Blend almonds with 4 cups of fresh water.
- Strain mixture through nut milk bag or very fine strainer.
- If adding in optional ingredients, pour milk back into blender and add a pinch of salt, cinnamon, desired sweetener and vanilla extract.
Tips and tricks:
- Your milk will separate after a little while in the fridge. This is normal just give it a good shake.
- Your almond milk will last about 5-7 days in the fridge.
- You can freeze your almond milk.
- To make coffee creamer: use less water (maybe half) and add whatever sweetener you like.
A few variations:
- Macadamia Coconut Milk: instead of almonds, soak ½ cup raw, unsalted macadamia nuts and ½ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut overnight. Drain and follow the rest of the steps above.
- Cashew Oat Milk: instead of almonds, soak ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews and ½ cup steel cut oats overnight. Drain and follow the rest of the steps above.