- Use low fat or non-fat milk to replace whole milk.
- Use low fat cheeses to replace full fat cheeses.
- Use egg substitutes in place of whole eggs.
- Use olive oil for salad dressings.
- Make gravy from low fat broth instead of poultry drippings.
- Cook meats on a rack so the fat drips out. Cook your turkey on a grill.
- Steam, bake or roast your vegetables. Offer many sides of vegetables.
- For mashed potatoes use skim milk, non-fat sour cream or plain yogurt and very little butter.
- Offer sauces on the side.
- Cook stuffing in a casserole dish, rather than inside the poultry.
- Make cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries and add less sugar.
- Cut the amount of sugar in a dessert recipe by ¼ of a cup.
- Use agave nectar to replace sugar.
- Use applesauce in place of oil for desserts.
- Offer fruit based desserts.