Ingredients (makes about 4 cups)
- ½ cup (or less) non-dairy milk alternative (coconut, soy, rice, almond, etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 frozen bananas
- 12 ounces frozen strawberries
Directions (these are for a Vitamix, modify for a regular blender…you will need a strong blender!)
Add ingredients to blender in the order listed, keeping the cap of the lid off. Set to frozen dessert setting, turn on, and use the tamper to push the frozen fruit down towards the blades.
If you don’t have a frozen dessert setting, pulse several times to break up the bananas and strawberries, then turn on and run for a few minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender.
Ingredients: (makes 2 – 3 small pancakes)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (taste varies depending on type of protein powder)
¼ cup puréed pumpkin
¼ cup egg whites (approximately 2 egg whites)
3 tablespoons oatmeal
Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to taste
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon chia seeds
Splash of non-dairy milk (if batter is too thick)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir together with a spoon or whisk until there are no lumps.
- Heat a skillet coated with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into the skillet, cooking one pancake at a time until all of the batter is used up.
(Approximately 240 calories, 14 grams of fiber)
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (coconut, almond, etc)
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 2 teaspoons almond or other nut butter
- 1 cup frozen berries
- A few ice cubes
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced (optional)
Toppings: (all optional or add others you like)
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
Place milk, apple, almond butter, frozen berries, ice cubes and ginger (if using) in a high power blender and puree. Pour into a bowl and add toppings of your choice.