(Approximately 240 calories, 14 grams of fiber)
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (coconut, almond, etc)
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 2 teaspoons almond or other nut butter
- 1 cup frozen berries
- A few ice cubes
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced (optional)
Toppings: (all optional or add others you like)
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
Place milk, apple, almond butter, frozen berries, ice cubes and ginger (if using) in a high power blender and puree. Pour into a bowl and add toppings of your choice.
1 cup berries any type (fresh or frozen)
1 small banana
1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt or Greek yogurt (add tsp of vanilla extract)
1 cup skim milk or non-dairy milk
Place all ingredients in blender and process to desired consistency.
Makes 3 servings, about 3/4 cup each.